Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It is Great to be 8!

My number 3 turned 8 yesterday. It has been two days of celebration. He is an awesome kid,
who loves to be friends with EVERYBODY and loves to play sports.

On Monday he had his party with all his friends.
After cake and ice cream we went to a gym for dodge ball, soccer, and basketball.
It was loud and crazy!
The next day (his actual bday) we celebrated with our family and Grandma. It is now a tradition that my oldest plays happy birthday on the clarinet to the birthday boy. It is also tradition that they get two cakes, one with friends and the other with the family. Usually I am lazy and buy both cakes. This year I thought I would make the family cake. Well that was not a wise decision for a sleep deprived mom of 5 boys.
I made the cake and had put parchment paper in the pan so the layers did not stick. I took them out of the pan to cool and left the parchment paper on so they would not dry out. Later that afternoon I went to frost the cake and the frosting went on surprisingly smooth. When we went to cut the cake the it was hard to cut through and all the frosting came off in one layer. Oh look, I left the parchment paper on and had frosted right over it. We had to take the cake apart and get all the paper out before we could serve it. I will definitely buy a cake next year :

3 comments:

Megan said...

He will remember this b.day cake forever! :)

Valerie Chandler said...

Happy Birthday!

Jami, I wrote a love note to AF in my blog about a week ago. I just felt so homesick for you all and all that AF offers. Wanted you to know that you and your family was and contunues to be a real bright spot of our short time near you.

Love to you--

Heather said...

That's a classic, Jami. Sounds like something I would do. I can see the boys teasing you 20 years from now about that.